Autodesk AutoCAD is the computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers and construction professionals rely on to create accurate 2D and 3D drawings.
- Create, annotate, and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces, and mesh objects
- Automate tasks like comparing drawings, adding blocks, creating schedules, and more
- Customize the software with additional applications and APIs
Faster planning thanks to specialized toolsets
AutoCAD now includes industry-specific features and smart objects for architecture, mechanical engineering, electrical design, and more. Complete design tasks in less time. Automate common operations such as inserting doors, generating BOMs, and creating PLC I / O drawings. Access over 750,000 smart objects and parts with industry libraries.
- Automate plans, sections and elevations
- Quickly design pipes, ducts and circuits with part libraries
- Automatically generate annotations, layers, calculations, lists and tables
- Use rule-based workflows to ensure industry standards are enforced
Specialized toolsets included:
- AutoCAD Architecture (adds functionality for architectural drawings, documentation and calculations, as well as for the automation of drawing tasks).
- AutoCAD Electrical (adds electrical design capabilities to help you create, modify, and document electrical control systems).
- AutoCAD Map 3D (Incorporates GIS topology into AutoCAD to use and manage CAD and GIS data for planning, design, and data management).
- AutoCAD Mechanical (Adds a library of standards-based parts and tools to help you create, modify, and document mechanical designs for manufacturing).
- AutoCAD MEP (adds functionality to help you draw, design and document MEP systems in the AutoCAD environment).
- AutoCAD Plant 3D (adds functionality to help you create P&ID diagrams to integrate into a 3D industrial plant design model).
- AutoCAD Raster Design (adds raster / vector conversion tools to help you convert raster images to DWG objects and edit scanned drawings in AutoCAD).
- App AutoCAD for mobile devices (the power of AutoCAD always available anywhere).
- App AutoCAD for web browser (access AutoCAD from any computer).